Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make a seamless pattern swatch in Illustrator:
- Open Adobe Illustrator and create a new document.
- Draw the design that you want to use as your pattern.
- Select all the elements of the design by using the selection tool or pressing “Ctrl+A” (Windows) or “Cmd+A” (Mac).
- Click on the “Object” menu and select “Pattern” and then “Make”.
- The “Pattern Options” window will appear. Adjust the settings to your liking, such as the size of the pattern tile, spacing, and tile type.
- Once you are satisfied with the settings, click “Done” to create your pattern swatch.
- To apply your pattern swatch to an object, select the object and then click on the “Swatches” panel.
- Click on the pattern swatch you just created to apply it to the object.
- To adjust the size of the pattern, select the object and go to “Object” and then “Transform” and choose “Scale”. Check the “Transform Patterns” option and adjust the scale to your liking.
- To edit your pattern, double-click on the pattern swatch in the “Swatches” panel. This will take you back to the “Pattern Options” window where you can make changes to your design.
- Save your pattern swatch by dragging it from the “Swatches” panel onto your desktop or a folder.
That’s it! You now have a seamless pattern swatch that you can apply to any object in your Illustrator document.